Zucchini is abundant this time of year. These tiny bites make the perfect “amuse bouche” before dinner, and they would be wonderful to pass around at a backyard party. When we tested this recipe, the two of us ate every last one, and would have eaten another batch!
Zucchini is one of the vegetables you really want to buy organic. But if you grow your own and don’t use crazy toxic pesticides, feel free to enjoy the bounty of your garden!
Yield 15 – 18 mini muffins
- 1 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup raw organic parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 shallots, diced
- ¼ cup raw, organic grated cheese (I used a raw grated mozza/cheddar blend.)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 1 or 2 mini muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water. You have probably done something like this if you have used frozen spinach. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, onion, cheeses, almond flour, zucchini, salt and pepper.
- Using a spoon or a mini cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.