My berry iced tea is finally here and it’s a fabulously fresh, simple, and delicious recipe from our friend, Wendy Hord. What a terrific drink to enjoy all summer long. Just as yummy as commercial flavoured iced teas…. without the sugar or aspartame!! Thank you, Wendy.
- 3 bags of green tea
- 6 cups of boiling water
- 4 cups of cold water
- 1/2 cup or more mixed frozen berries
- stevia, to taste
- lemon or berry garnish, optional
- Brew a teapot of green tea, using 3 teabags to approx. 6 cups of boiling water.
- Let steep for half an hour, then pour into a large water pitcher.
- Fill the pitcher up the rest of the way with cold water (approx. 4 more cups).
- Add mix frozen berries (I used strawberry, blackberry, raspberry) and blend.
- Leave it to steep overnight in the refrigerator for best infused flavor.
- Strain out berries, and add stevia to taste, stir.
- Serve on the rocks with lemon or berry garnish