This no-bake Black-Bottom Strawberry Pie will become your family’s favourite dessert and you’ll want to serve it even in winter; though it’s best made with fresh berries when in season. Since you don’t have to turn on your oven, the hardest part of making this strawberry and cream heaven is waiting for it to set in the fridge. If you prefer a different flavour, substitute the fresh strawberries with raspberries or blueberries, or a combination (adjust the stevia to taste). Most importantly, it’s sugar-free so you can indulge in a guilt-free dessert.
- 3/4 cup crushed raw pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
Optional – Chocolate “Bottom”
- 3/4 cup stevia-sweetened melted chocolate
NOTE: To sweeten melting chocolate, use approximately 1/8 of a teaspoon of powdered concentrated Stevia. Depending on “How liquid” your brand of liquid stevia drops are, liquid stevia may sieze melting chocolate.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (or raspberries)
- 1 cup raw organic cashews
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (do not add if using Liquid Vanilla Stevia)
- 1 to 2 droppers full of liquid stevia (to taste), or 1/8 – 1/4 tsp pure concentrated stevia powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- Grind crust ingredients in food processor or high speed blender, and then press mixture into bottom of a 9 inch pie plate, building up the sides slightly.
- If adding the “Black Bottom,” pour the melted chocolate over the crust and cool in the fridge while you prepare the creamy strawberry filling.
- Place all filling ingredients into blender or food processor to blend until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully pour blended filling on top of crust and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Serve this awesome dessert cold at your parties, family gatherings or celebrations and you will be the best cook on the block!