When it comes to salad dressings, I sometimes get tired of the same flavors. Balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil is my typical mix. Having two limes that needed to be used, I created a really interesting Chili Lime Salad Dressing. This recipe takes about 3 minutes to prepare and lasts for a week or two. I think you’ll enjoy it!
Makes 12 oz.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican chili powder (Check the label. You don’t want spices with MSG or other unhealthy ingredients.)
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated into the mix
- Pour all the ingredients into a re-sealable jar, and shake vigorously.