Christmas will be here before we know it. Some stores ridiculously display their Christmas trimmings right along side the Halloween decorations. Here is a recipe for Chocolate Truffles that will compliment your Maximized Christmas table without killing you. The recipe is also listed as Chocolate Ganache in GOOD FOOD since it can also be used as a frosting for the Chocolate Cupcakes in GOOD FOOD. If that’s not enough sweet treats for Christmas, your problems are probably more far reaching than I am professionally capable of handling.
- 8 oz. (squares) unsweetened baker’s chocolate chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 cup organic heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla (no sugar – check the ingredients)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Stevia equivalent to approximately 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder (optional) Note: If you use the espresso powder, you may have to add extra stevia. Taste it.
- Heat the cream, vanilla, stevia, espresso powder (optional) and salt until bubbles form.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate pieces and let melt, stirring occasionally.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature, and then chill slightly in the refrigerator. At this point it can be rolled into truffles, which you can then roll in chopped raw nuts, unsweetened shredded coconut, or unsweetened cocoa powder.