Nothing says fall like a cup of hot apple cider on a chilly autumn or winter day! Most ciders are full of added sugars, which makes them off limits for maximized living. This Cinnamon Citrus Cider recipe provides you with a maximized friendly version of your favourite fall comfort beverage. Keep it warm in a crock pot to serve at your holiday get-together or store in the fridge. Beware of the unbelievable smell this simple recipe will leave in your kitchen!
- 5 cups organic apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole clove
- 1 (1/2-inch-thick) orange slice with peel
- 1 (1/2-inch-thick) lemon slice with peel
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Cinnamon sticks and/or thinly sliced apples for garnish (optional)
- Combine cider, cinnamon stick, clove, orange slice, lemon slice, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan;
bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Strain cider mixture through a sieve into a bowl and discard solids.
- Garnish each serving with 1 cinnamon stick and a thin slice of apple, if desired.