Porridge is one of the most filling and well-balanced mornings and is a great way to start your busy mornings. Go grain-free in the morning with this Coconut Hemp Porridge recipe! It’s high in fiber, omega and protein with all of the health benefits from the variety of seeds, berries, and nuts. Advanced Plan approved, and it will keep you fuller longer. This scrumptious meal can also be served for lunch or as a snack, and your kids will surely have it all gone before you can say “Porridge”!
- 1 cup nut milk (e.g. coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup raw, shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 4-6 drops stevia, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Fresh Berries
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Chopped Nuts (almonds, hazelnut etc.)
- Combine all ingredients (except toppings) in a small saucepan, stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Keep stirring and reduce heat to medium-low; allow porridge to simmer until it thickens, about 2-4 minutes.
- Pour into serving bowls, add toppings of your choice and serve immediately.
If you are taking this to work make it the evening before.