We have used this bread for anything we would have used traditional bread for in the bad old days, including sandwiches and croutons. Note: Be sure to read the next post here, “Almond Flour Revisited,” before you attempt this recipe.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups ground flax meal
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 6 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons caraway seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan with olive oil or (better still) coconut oil. I like to add a piece of parchment for easy removal after baking.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl except for caraway seeds.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, then mix in caraway seeds.
- Allow batter to sit for 1 or 2 minutes to “thicken.”
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool and serve.