Roasted vegetables are a great side dish to any dinner, holiday or otherwise. It is healthy and can be tailored to fit whatever vegetables are in season and be seasoned many different ways. This no-fuss dish is a great addition to your next holiday dinner or to take along to your next potluck. If following the core plan, try mixing in carrots, potatoes, or sweet potatoes for extra flavour and breadth.
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tsps finely chopped fresh thyme (or ½ tsp dried thyme)
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh basil (or ¼ tsp dried basil)
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers (any color), sliced
- 1 1-pound eggplant, quartered lengthwise, cut into slices
- 2 organic yellow squash cut into rounds
- 2 organic zucchini cut into rounds
- 15-20 brussels sprouts (cut larger ones in half)
- Coarse kosher salt
Optional (Core Plan Additions)
- organic potatoes
- organic sweet potatoes
- organic carrots
- Whisk vinegar and mustard in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Stir in garlic, thyme, and basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss vegetables with the dressing; toss to coat.
- Divide between 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and slightly brown around edges, about 35 minutes.