It’s time to re-instate Taco Tuesday in your house! If you have never tried fish tacos before, now is a perfect time- with this tasty recipe. Fish is a great high protein alternative to chicken or turkey, and tacos are a super quick meal that can be easily whipped up on a weeknight and your kids are going to love! This light and a fresh recipe is a great way to mix up your weekly dinner routine, and the leftovers are great for lunch (not that there will be any)! Serve with either as itself or add avocado to spice things up!
- Wild-caught white fish
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- Any hot pepper you like (jalepeno, poblano, etc)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Season fish with salt, pepper and chili powder to taste and grill or broil to desired doneness.
- Slice cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes, onion and peppers very thin.
- Add cliantro, salt, pepper, grapefuit juice and lime juice.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes for best flavor.
Advanced Plan: Put the slaw on a plate and top with fish.
Core Plan: Put fish in a sporuted grain tortilla and top with slaw.
Serve either with or without avocado.