This light, colorful summer salad doesn’t require a lot of cooking – perfect for hot summer days! Take this meal to your next picnic or barbeque, or serve it to your family any day of the week. Leftovers are also great for tomorrow’s lunch or a quick snack.
Preparation: 20 minutes (Serves 2)
- 4 cups chickpeas, preferably freshly cooked
- 3/4 cup scallions, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest from 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt; or more, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Optional: Baby lettuce, full fat yogurt, maximized grainless rolls, and pistachios for serving.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Make sure they are dry; use paper towel to pat them dry if necessary.
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, scallions, apricots and parsley then set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine olive oil, lemon juice and zest, apple cider vinegar, garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, sea salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Combine dressing with chickpea salad, mix well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve on a bed of baby lettuces with yogurt and sprinkle with pistachios.