On the Maximized Living Advanced Nutrition Plan and in GOOD FOOD, you will find a lot of recipes for terrific dips and spreads. By now, you may be tired of using celery and red pepper to scoop up these delights. This multi-grain cracker recipe is surprisingly easy, and really tasty. When I come home from school, I especially enjoy one or two of these crackers with plain old raw almond butter!
Makes about 25 crackers.
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour (see Almond Flour Revisited)
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- In a food processor, pulse almond flour, macadamia nuts and coconut flour until well ground and
- combined. Pulse in remaining dry ingredients until almost fully ground. Leave a tiny bit of texture – you’ll enjoy the crunch.
- Pulse in coconut oil and water. Dough will form a ball in the food processor.
- Roll out the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 inch squares, 5 rows each way.
- Sprinkle with a few extra sesame seeds if desired. (Optional – I always do.)
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.