Looking for something new and delicious to bring for lunch? Take along this great meat alternative to tuna salad and a terrific raw food recipe. Chickpeas are a great source of fiber and protein, especially if you do not eat meat, and sunflower seeds and olive oil will give you your dose of healthy fats. This fresh and tasty Not Tuna Salad recipe works well as a dip with celery or bell peppers, or as filler to your lettuce wrap.
- 1 Cup Sunflower Seeds, soaked 8-12 Hours
- 1 Cup Almonds, soaked 8-12 Hours
- 1⁄2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1⁄4 Cup Minced Celery
- 2 Teaspoons of Kelp Powder
- 1⁄4 Cup Minced Red Onion
- 1⁄4 Cup Minced Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Dill
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can (1 cup) chick peas
A food processor makes very quick work of the preparation.
- Process the almonds, sunflower seeds, sea salt, and lemon juice in a food processor until mixture sticks together in a ball. You may need to stop the machine and scrape down the walls with a spatula.
- Add the remaining ingredients with your hands.
Not Salmon Salad:
- Process celery, onion, kelp powder, parsley, dill, and salt first.
- Add drained nuts, seeds, chickpeas, lemon juice, and olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Add 2 grated carrots to processing mix. (Core Plan only)