Do you love the smell and taste of coffee, or know coffee lovers? These Paleo Mocha Chocolate Cookies are a fun dessert to make for the holiday season, birthdays for coffee lovers, and cookie exchanges as you can freeze them in advance. Espresso deepens the cocoa taste to add a deep, rich flavor to these grain-free, sugar-free, soft, chewy, and moist chocolate-y baked goods. Grapeseed oil contains polyunsaturated fats i.e. omega-6s and omega-9 fatty acids, which are good for hormones, brain health, heart health, tissue fiber, and so on. And most importantly, coffee and chocolate are the match made in heaven for these paleo and “healthy” cookies.
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons organic espresso coffee ground, instant espresso, or brewed espresso
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ tsp xylitol or stevia
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup cacao nibs
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, ground coffee, baking soda and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together grapeseed oil, stevia and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry and then mix in chocolate drops (or chunks).
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool and serve.