I have had this recipe in my notes for so long, I honestly don’t know where I found it. I did change the preparation instructions, though, to simplify the process, but props to the original writer, whoever you may be.
Makes 24 cookies
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 1 cup chopped raw pecans
- ½ cup organic butter
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla (no sugar – check the label)
- In a stand mixer, or using an electric hand held beater, combine the butter and stevia. Add the vanilla and mix again until all three ingredients are incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, including the pecans.
- Combine the butter mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Using a piece of parchment paper, form the dough into a log, approximately 2 ½ inches in diameter.
- Freeze the log for approximately 1 hour; then unwrap and cut into 1/8 inch slices.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with a clean piece of parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly golden, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and serve.