This recipe is nothing short of amazing. Be ready to have your taste buds blown away! These protein packed brownies look and taste like your traditional brownies, but are loaded with nutrients and protein due to the almond butter and whey protein. Even your children will be fooled. Perfect for chocolate lovers, these brownies will be the hit of your next bake sale, potluck or party.
- 1 (16) ounce jar raw almond butter, smooth unroasted
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup erythritol or stevia to taste (liquid – start with 2 teaspoons and add from there; spoonable: start with 1/4 cup and add from there, pure stevia – start with 1/2 teaspoon and add from there)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 scoop chocolate or vanilla Perfect Protein
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 stevia sweetened chocolate bar (like Lydia’s or Coco Polo), chopped
- In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Blend in eggs, then sweetener and vanilla.
- Add in cocoa, protein powder, salt and baking soda, and coconut milk, then fold in chopped chocolate bar.
- Line a 9” x 13” glass baking dish with parchment paper and pour batter into dish. It will be thick so you may need to press it into shape.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.