Celebrate fall with this delicious, creamy pumpkin soup! Flavoured with onions, garlic, ginger, and curry powder, this hearty soup is a perfect meal for those chilly fall or winter nights. Not to mention, it is super easy to make!
Makes 1 large pot
- ¼ cup Butter
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large White Onion
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Red Pepper
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Chunks Ginger
- 2 tbsp Medium or Hot Curry Powder
- Salt, pepper, cinnamon and nut meg to taste
- 1 Box (1L) Organic Chicken Stock/Broth
- 3 cans Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 ½ cans Organic Coconut Milk
- In soup pot, melt butter and oil. Sauté garlic, ginger, onion, red pepper and apples. Sprinkle with curry.
- Once vegetable blend is cooked throughout put it in blender and add ¼ of chicken broth. Blend until mixture is completely pureed. Transfer back into soup pot.
- Add remaining chicken broth and pumpkin puree.
- Add coconut milk in last.
- Stir and mix in salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. (If not flavorful enough – keep adding spices until you are satisfied)