One more blog before the year ends, in the hope that you might be able to use it over the holidays. I can think of about one hundred ways to use this salsa. Over fish (pictured here), chicken, or lamb; as an ingredient in an organic sour cream dip; or tossed with Zucchini noodles or Cauliflower “rice.” You will no doubt think of other ways once you taste this highly flavorful and extremely versatile salsa. No cooking required!
- 1 ½ teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped if necessary
- ½ cup pitted black olives, chopped
- ½ cup flat‐leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved, or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In the bottom of a medium bowl, combine anchovy paste, grated garlic, red pepper flakes, zest and lemon juice; and whisk in ¼ cup olive oil.
- Add capers, olives, parsley, and tomatoes.
- Toss and season with black pepper (optional).
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate for up to 5 days. If it lasts that long.