The classic Middle Eastern salad gets a nutritional upgrade in this Quinoa Tabbouleh recipe! Quinoa is often regarded as a super grain due to its overall nutrient richness. Unlike other grains, quinoa is considered a complete protein source and is packed with manganese, copper, and fiber. Perfectly seasoned, this nourishing dish makes an excellent side or vegetarian main course.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large English hothouse cucumber or 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring quinoa, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over.