If I remember correctly, this recipe also came from my friend, Chantal, one of the best cooks I know. This roasted shallot salad dressing immediately became a family favorite, and is a delicious alternative without all those unwanted additives in store-bought dressings. It is so nice to have a dressing that tastes “gourmet”, and is ready and waiting in the fridge. Enjoy!
- 1 Small Bag Shallots (6 to 8 count)
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar, plus extra for deglazing
- 2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the Shallots; then sauté them in Coconut Oil until they begin to caramelize.
- Deglaze the pan with some balsamic vinegar, and remove from heat.
- Pour the shallots and vinegar into a blender, and add more balsamic vinegar – approximately one cup.
- Turn the blender on, at first to a low setting, and then increasing the speed as the shallots are incorporated.
- Once the high setting has been established, stream in approximately two cups of olive oil, very slowly so the dressing will emulsify.
- Taste. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Store in refrigerator