Shepherd’s pie is a hearty favourite that can easily be transformed to fit the Maximized lifestyle with this Maximized Shepherd’s Pie recipe. Using Mashed NO-tatoes and your choice of ground meat protein, this classic comfort meal is sure to become a staple in your household.
Maximized Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
Makes 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef, turkey or lamb
- 1 stalk organic celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen organic peas
- 1 organic bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons iced cold water
- 1 cup organic vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the Mashed NO-tatoes recipe and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over Medium heat and add the onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add the ground beef/lamb, increase the heat to Medium-High and cook until browned, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Add remaining vegetables (you can add any veggies you’d like!) and sauté for 4 minutes. Add the stock, stirring to combine. Add the thyme, oregano, cloves and sea salt/pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot powder with the iced cold water, stirring with a fork until smooth. Add arrowroot mixture to the veggies, stirring well to combine. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the gravy thickens. Transfer the mixture to a 9″ round or 3-quart rectangular casserole dish.
- Spread the Mashed NO-tatoes onto the meat mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the Mashed NO-tatoes are golden.