Perfect for summertime, this Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade is an easy and delicious party drink. It will be a hit with both the children and adults. Unlike most lemonade, which is loaded with sugar, this refreshing, flavourful mix is sweetened with xylitol so you can relax and enjoy your favourite summer drink worry-free!
- 1 12-ounce package frozen unsweetened raspberries (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup Xylitol
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1-liter bottle (33.8 ounces) chilled sparkling water or club soda
- Ice cubes
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Lemon slices
- Combine frozen raspberries, sugar, and 1/2 cup water in medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until Xylitol dissolves and berries thaws and boil 3
- minutes. Strain raspberry mixture into bowl, pressing on solids to extract
- as much liquid as possible; discard solids in strainer. Mix lemon peel into
- raspberry syrup in bowl. Chill until cold.
- Stir raspberry syrup, lemon juice, and sparkling water in large pitcher to
- blend. Fill 6 glasses with ice cubes. Pour raspberry lemonade into glasses.
- Add fresh raspberries to each glass, if desired. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.