Pancakes are everyone’s favourite breakfast; there is just something about them that is so comforting. Swap out your pancake mix for these protein-packed Squash Pancakes that even your kids will like. Veggies for breakfast have never tasted so good!
Squash Pancakes Recipe
Makes 8-10 pancakes
- 1 cup pureed, cooked squash
- 1 cup raw almond or cashew butter
- 5 organic eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Dash of cloves, nutmeg, and any other “pumpkin pie” type spice
- Separate the eggs, and beat the whites until fluffy (soft peaks are fine).
- In a large bowl, mix together the 5 egg yolks, the squash, the nut butter, and the salt and spices. Blend thoroughly. Fold the egg whites into this mixture gently, so that the resulting batter is airy and light.
- Cook on a well-greased griddle on a somewhat low heat, as they do burn easily. Flip them gently as they do not stay together as well as regular pancakes.