It’s always a challenge trying to find a new appetizer to bring to your next event. Everyone tends to stick with the staples (which, let’s face it, can get tired.) This flavourful and very easy-to-make recipe is sure to impress guests at your next get-together. These Zucchini Fritter Cups are even a great breakfast option to make ahead and have ready for those busy mornings!
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 30 mins
Total time 40 mins
- 2 medium zucchinis, shredded (3 cups, shredded)
- ½ small yellow onion, minced
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- lots and lots of salt (don’t be shy – at least one teaspoon)
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place zucchini and yellow onion in food processor using the shredding attachment and shred. Place in a couple paper towels and squeeze out all the excess liquid. You may have to replace the paper towels a few times!
- Place zucchini and onion in a bowl, mix well with almond flour, egg, garlic cloves, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Scoop out the mixture and place into 7 muffin cups. Either use silicon muffin liners or be sure to heavily grease each muffin tin to keep it from sticking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from muffin tin.