Do you want a low-calorie yet hearty “spaghetti” dish that’s not packed with carbohydrates or grains? Try this super easy-to-make Zucchini Noodles and Tomato Meat Sauce recipe for a paleo, gluten-free and healthy meal that won’t make your stomach feel heavy after eating it. Zucchini Noodles or “Zoodles” are a great substitute for pasta as they are simple to prepare, and you can eat them raw or cooked to get more veggies in your diet.
Tomato Meat Sauce:
- 12 ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 onions (chopped or diced)
- 1/2 jalepeno (optional)
- 1 handful (if fresh) (if dried, 2 tbsp) of each: parsley, basil, oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 large zucchini
- raw shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add tomatoes, onions, peppers, spices and garlic to a large pot then heat to medium-high and simmer to make sauce.
- In a separate pot, brown the ground beef, then add to tomato sauce.
- To create wider zucchini noodles, peel the zucchini down to the seeds using a regular peeler and discard the seed part. If you like thin noodles, you can use a spiralizer.
- Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water until almost clear.
- Strain noodles, top with sauce and raw shredded mozzarella cheese (optional), and serve.