How do you get vegetables and fruit in a brownie? Try this Zucchini Paleo Brownies recipe! The zucchini, applesauce and bananas makes them moist, stevia keeps them sugar-free, and the cocoa will satisfy your chocolate craving. You won’t even be able to tell they have zucchini in them, or need eggs or butter to make them (they are vegan too). If you like an extra layer of chocolate, top them off with chocolate ganache.
Zucchini Paleo Brownies
Makes 16-24 squares
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 small or medium bananas mashed
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups coconut flour
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- chocolate ganache (use same recipe for chocolate truffles)
- whipped cream
Note: If you find the brownies are too dry for your taste, substitute the coconut flour for almond flour, and double or triple the amount of applesauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9″x 13″ inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, mashed bananas and Stevia.
- Add vanilla and cocoa and mix together.
- Then add baking soda, salt and zucchini and mix together. Add flour and walnuts and mix together.
- Spread evenly into a prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.
Recipe inspired by FitLife.tv.